ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The UG Department of B. Com. Information Systems Management was established in the year 2003 under the Self-Financing Stream.
Candidates for B.Com. Information Systems Management Course should have an aggregate of 75% marks in Commerce or Business studies , Accountancy and Economics with Computer Science/ Business Mathematics/Business Statistics.
The Course is a combination of Commerce, Computer Science and Management papers. Students can pursue Professional courses like CMA, ACS and CA and PG courses like MBA, MHRM, MSW, various branches of M.Com., and Professional Degree MCA etc.
Certificate Course Offered:
Introduction to Web Designing – Upcoming Course (40hrs) for 2020 – 2021 onwards.
Students will be able to find jobs in Accountancy, Banking, Development and Testing in Corporates, BPO, etc.Some of the students have been placed in Wipro, CTS, TCS, FORD, HDFC, etc.
- Gajalakshmi P., B.Com, MCA, M.Phil (CS), MBA(IT) – Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sangeetha R., B.Com., M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D – Assistant Professor, Head In Charge
- Sukanya N., M.Com, M.Phil., M. Music., TNSET – Assistant Professor
- Dr.Kalaivani.P., MCA., M.Phil., ME(CSE)., Ph.D – Assistant Professor
- Dr.K.Malarvizhi., B.Com., M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D – Assistant Professor
Association activity 2019-20
The Department of B.Com Information Systems Management, Conducted a Guest Lecture on the Topic “Strategies of Social Media Marketing” by Mr.Raj Joseph, Managing Director, Big Bytes on 24/9/2019. The speaker thoroughly explained usage of Facebook as an Advertisement tool . The session was very informative to the students.
Association activity 2017-2018
Inter-Departmental Event Comfest 2017-18 Inter -departmental competition “Dumb Charads”
Inter –Collegiate event Comfest 2017-18 Inter -Collegiate competition “Best Out of Waste”
Association activity 2018-2019 Comfest 2K19 Inter -department competition “Best Manager and Best Seller” AND Inter collegiate competition “Poster Designing On Green Marketing”
Guest Lecture on the Topic –
- Digital Marketing
- Strategies of Social Media Marketing
- Awareness and Employment Opportunities in Banking Sector