ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The post graduate degree programme M.Sc. Applicable Mathematics was started in the year 2004 to cater to the needs of Teaching , Research and Industrial applications. Curriculum has been structured to enable the students to experience the practical applications and implications of Mathematics in various spheres of life.
- M.Sc. Applicable Mathematics is Tri Major course with prime weightage to Mathematics coupled with Statistics and Computer Science which is very much suited for the industry.
- Internship is a part of the curriculum at the End of Second Semester during April-May for students which in turn fills the gap between the institution and industry
- UG- B.Sc. Mathematics under Aided and Self-Supporting streams
- PG- M.Sc. Applicable Mathematics under Self-Supporting stream
- Public Sectors
- Banking Sectors
- Computing & IT Fields
- General Management
- Research Fields
- Data Analyst
INTERNATIONAL WEBINAR ORGANISED BY DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS ON THE TITLE ‘MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS AND RECENT TRENDS IN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES’
On 10 th March 2021, we organized One day International WEBINAR on Mathematical Analysis and Recent Trends in Career Opportunities. The webinar is aimed to update the knowledge and career opportunities in the field of Mathematics.
- Dr. Teodor Bulboaca – Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
- Vishwanaathan Radhakrishnan – Global Program Manager- CSR Cognizant.
MATHEMATICS ASSOCIATION – MATH ZEST
- Conducting various events at Inter-department and Inter-collegiate levels.
- NATIONAL MATHEMATICS DAY – Commemorating – Birth Anniversary of Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan on 22nd December
- Academic Year (2017-2018)
- Inter-Departmental competitions held on 21/09/2017.
- Academic Year (2018-2019)
- Inter-Departmental competitions held on 30/08/2018.
- Intercollegiate Competitions
- Academic Year (2019-2020)
- Inter-Departmental competitions held on 13/08/2019.
National/International Conf./ Seminar/Workshop Organized by Department
- Dr. S. Alamelu, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D – Associate Professor
- Dr. Sudhasenthil, M.Sc., M.Phil. (Head-in-charge)
- Mrs. S.Jayalakshmi, M.Sc., M.Phil. HDCA., DUC.
- Mrs. S.Jayalakshmi, M.Sc., M.Phil.