The Scholarship Committee plays a crucial role in managing and awarding scholarships to deserving students of both Aided and Self supporting stream. Scholarship Committee identifies students eligible for various scholarship schemes from government and private bodies and helps them avail the same. The following scholarships are awarded by the Central and State Government and Private Endowments.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe scholarships from Harijan Welfare Departments.
- Backward and Most Backward Classes scholarships from the Director of Backward Classes.
- The Endowment scholarship awarded from private bodies and University of Madras (75% attendance is must).
Scholarships are financial awards given to students to support their education, and the committee ensures that these awards are allocated fairly and in accordance with the criteria established by the college or external scholarship providers. Some of the key functions and responsibilities of the Scholarship Committee:
- Establishing Scholarship Criteria
- Application Review
- Selection and Awarding of scholarship
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Interviews and Evaluation
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Compliance with Donor Expectations
- Communication with scholarship applicants
- Transparency in the scholarship process
- Evaluation and Monitoring of scholarship recipients
- Reporting to college administrators, donors, and relevant stakeholders on the status and impact of the scholarship program.
- Record Keeping of scholarship awards, recipients, and expenditures.
- Scholarship Renewals
The Scholarship Committee is supporting student to access higher education by managing scholarships and ensuring that these resources are allocated in a fair, equitable, and transparent manner.