About the Department
- The Computer Application department is one of the largest departments in the college with a strength of more than 300 students and 10 staff members as of 2019. The Department of Computer Application (Self supporting) was started in the year1999.With the pressing demand for the course second batch was started in 2008.
- To provide quality education to the students through latest technology development in Computer science through learning environment that helps students to enhance problem solving skills, be successful in their professional lives and to prepare students to be life long learners by offering a solid theoretical foundation in computing along with applied computing experiences and educating them about their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To establish Industry Institute Interaction to make students ready for the industrial environment and to provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies in the area of computer software. There is a blend of theoretical and practical exposure to the students through seminar and workshops and through guest lecturers
- The Department encourages students to pursue professional courses and conducts career guidance programs to appear for competitive exams. The Department also encourages students to participate in internal and inter-collegiate competitions, cultural events to explore their talents and skills.
UG – Computer Application(Self Finance)
- Our college is collaborating with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in the Academic Interface Program (AIP) like SELENIUM –Testing Tool an initiative of TCS in offering employment oriented education to the students which will strengthen the Industry-Institute relationship by grooming the students to the competitive world.
- The Spoken Tutorial project is being developed by IIT Bombay for MHRD, Government of India
Students can get job in IT Industries like L&T Infotech, Atmecs, Wipro, CTS – ITPT, Saplab, Infosys, Vinayak Infotech, TCS- IT,IT IS, Axion Bots Pvt Ltd, Wipro (wilp).
- Software Services/Developers
- Business Process Management (BPM/BPO)
- Web Development
- Engineering services
- Computer hardware.
- Banking and Telecommunication
Association Name( e-INFORMATIK ’18 )
- The Department of Computer Science conducted the Intra Collegiate competitions on 29th August 2018. The following events were conducted for the students in our college-QUIZZLES, BRAINETIC, SUDOKU, and TECHQUIZ. There was an enthusiastic participation of many students from various departments.
- Seminar on “Web Page Creation” was conducted on 10/08/2018. Mr.A. KasimBasithand Ms. Jenifer from Opportunity InfoTech was the resource persons for the seminar.
- Workshop on ”Data Science using Python” for students was conducted on 04/10/2018. Dr. Nancy Jane Y, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Technology form MIT Anna University was the resource person for the workshop.
Association Report 2018-19
- The UG and PG Department of Computer Science and Computer Applications conducted the Inter-departmental competitions on 29/08/2018. The following events were conducted for the students in our college-QUIZZLES, BRAINETIC, SUDOKU, and TECHQUIZ. There was an enthusiastic participation of many students from various departments.
- Orientation programme on “Selenium Software Testing Tool” was conducted for the III year students of day and evening on 1/2/2019. Mr.XStpehen Moses Dinakaran, HR, Academic Interface Programme, TCS &Mr.Sasirajan, Selenium Trainer, TCS were the resource person.
- Inter Collegiate competition under the banner e-INFORMATIK was conducted by the UG & PG Department of Computer Science and Applicatonson 20/02/2019. Mr.MathivananElangovan , Vice President & Head, Learning and Development, SIFY Technologies inaugurated the e-INFORMATIK association function. Students from more than 25 colleges participated in various events like Techfest, Connexion, Brainstorm, Poster Designing, Mix ‘N’ Match, e-Junk Modeling held by our department and won several prizes. The Overall Trophy was bagged by Women’s Christian College
- Orientation Programme on Data Analytics for the B.Sc., BCA and M.Sc Computer Science students of college was conducted on 20/2/2019 and the resource person was Dr.V.P.NanthiniSundar, Data Science Consultant..
- Power Seminar on “Digital Divide and Role of Social Media” was conducted on 23/02/2019 by the Department of the computer Science and ICT Academy for B.Sc Computer Science, B.C.A, B.Sc Visual Communication and B.COM (ISM) .Mrs.MubeenSulthana, Sr.Techinacal Trainer, HTC Global Services, Leslie J Praveen Kumar, Manager HR, Allsec Technologies Ltd and Avinash R Praveen kumar, HR, Infosys, were the resource persons.
Association Report 2019-20(Inter departmental)
The empowering inter-departmental event was conducted by the Department of Computer Science & Computer Application on 13th September 2019 to identify and glorify talents and promote a sense of sisterhood among the students of various departments. Students from every department voraciously participated in TECH SAVY, TECHNOPHILIA, WARTECH, NETSKY displaying their knowledge on today’s technology and proving their capacity for creativity. The combined efforts of the organizers, participants and judges made the event a spectacular success.
|SL.NO||DATE||TOPIC||RESOURCE PERSON||COMPANY NAME||STUDENTS WHO ATTEND SEMINAR|
|1||4/7/2019||Data Analytics||Dr.VinodKumar Murti||Institute Of Analytics(IOA) Bangalore||II-MSC (CS) , III BCA & BSc(CS)|
|2||22/7/2019||Data Analytics||Dr.VinodKumar Murti||Institute Of Analytics(IOA) Bangalore||I-BCA, I BSc(CS) I MSc(CS) & I MSc App.Maths|
|3||31/8/2019||Python Programming with Data Science & Java Enterprises app with DEVOPS||Miss Deepalakshmi MCA,M.Phil NIIT Limited,TNagar. R. Karthikeyan MCA,M.Phil Business Head, NIIT Limited,TNagar.||NIIT Limited,TNagar,Chennai.||II-BCA, IIBSc(CS), III-BCA, III BSc(CS)|
|4||3/9/2019||How to get employed in CREATIVE SECTOR||Ms Jayashree Department Co-ordinator, Multimedia Department, ICAT Design & Media College.||ICAT Design & Media College, Chennai.||III-BCA, III BSc(CS)|
|5||12/9/2019||Cyber Security Program & Certified Ethical Hacking Course||V.Jayakumar, Sales Head & So.Saraswathy Tech Consultant.||TechnoStorm Edu Initiative, Chennai.||II-BCA, IIBSc(CS), I & II MSC(CS)|
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT REPORT FOR 2017- 2018
|GURUNANAK COLLEGE||WEB DESIGNING||THIRD PRIZE|
|MCC COLLEGE||WEB DESIGNING||SECOND PRIZE|
|MCC COLLEGE||GAMING||SECOND PRIZE|
|E15CA008||DEEPIKA D||MOP vaishnav college for women||WEB DESIGNING||Second Prize|
|E15CA012||DIVYALAKSHMI.M||MOP vaishnav college for women||WEB DESIGNING||Second Prize|
|E15CA050||NANDHINI.T||Hindu College||WEB DESIGNING||First Prize|
|E15CA032||KAVITHA.C||Hindu College||WEB DESIGNING||First Prize|
|NAGOMI ARUL JEBAKANI.C|
|At Marina||Third Prize|
|E15CA048||NAGOMI ARUL JEBAKANI.C||Agarsan College||Adaptune||First Prize|
|Agarsan College||Ad-Zap||First Prize|
|Loyola College||Web designing||Second Prize|
|E16CA048||MADHUMITHA S||Vels Institute of technology & Advanced studies||Tic-Tac||Second Prize|
|E16CA048||MADHUMITHA S||GURU NANAK COLLEGE||SHIP WRECK||Second Prize|
|E16CA076||RAMYA M||Rugby||Patliputra stadium||10th Rank|
|E16CA065||NIVETHA H||OPEN BOOK||SSS JAIN COLLEGE||Participation|
|E16CA076||RAMYA M||Rugby||Sri kanteerava stadium||Runner-Up|
|Kho-Kho||KRMMC College||4th Position|
|E16CA081||SANDHIYA R||OPEN BOOK||SSS JAIN COLLEGE||IInd Place|
|E16CA086||SHIVANI P||OPEN BOOK||SSS JAIN COLLEGE||IXth Place|
|E16CA102||VISHALI S||A Zone||Challamal College||Second place|
|A-zone||Madras University Union Ground||Bronze|
|Patliputra stadium, Rugby||Patliputra stadium||10th Rank|
|Kho-Kho||KRMMC College||4th Position|
|E17CA055||PAVITHRA R||HINDUSTAN COLLEGE(7/2/18)||JUNK ART||II prize|
|E17CA079||SRINIDHI M||HINDUSTAN COLLEGE(7/2/18)||JUNK ART||II prize|
|E17CA083||SUBHASHINI N||HINDUSTAN COLLEGE(7/2/18)||JUNK ART||II prize|
|E17CA095||APARNA KESHRI||TAMILNADU Dr.AMBEDKAR LAW UNIVERSITY (10/2/18)||SURVIVOR||I Prize|
|E17CA095||APARNA KESHRI||PRESIDENCY COLLEGE (3/2/18)||Group Signing||II prize|
|TAMILNADU Dr.AMBEDKAR (10/2/18)LAW UNIVERSITY||GENERAL CROSS PUBLIC||I Prize|
|E17CA101||KAVYA SURESH CONGOVI||PRINCE SHRIVENKATESHWARA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE(23/2/18)||PAPER PRESENTATION||CONSOLATION PRIZE|
|E17CA103||MALAVIKA UMESH BABU||PRINCE SHRIVENKATESHWARA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE(23/2/18)||PAPER PRESENTATION||CONSOLATION PRIZE|
|E17CA102||MAANASA VARSHA S||MCC Tambaram (08/12/2017||Group Signing||II prize|
|E17CA104||SUPRAJA M||MCC Tambaram (08/12/2017||Group Signing||II prize|
|E17CA004||AMBHICA R||MCC Tambaram (08/12/2017||Group Signing||II prize|
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT REPORT FOR 2018 – 2019
|E16CA004||AKSHAYASREE R R||cinimatic dance||St.Britto college||First|
|E16CA005||ANISHA S||cinimatic dance||St.Britto college||First|
|E18CA250||VAISHNAVI N||A-zone Inter Collegiate||SIVET College||Second place|
|E16CA081||SANDHIYA R||Essay writing||MOP Vaishnav College||First place|
|Essay writing||Tamil Nadu Education board||First place|
|Essay writing||guru nanak college||Second Prize|
|E16CA099||VIDHYAA SHREE B||Website design||MOP Vaishnav Colege||second prize|
|Android App Develop||Sri Krishnaswamy College||Second place|
|E16CA102||VISHALI S||Basketball, Dr.MGR Centenary match||Kancheepuram||First place|
|E16CA102||VISHALI S||Basket ball, A-zone Inter collegiate||Chellammal college||Second place|
|E16CA102||VISHALI S||Basketball, SRM Founder Trophy||SRM University||Third place|
|E17CA005||AMIRDESHWARI M||Solo Singing, National Level,||Vellore Institute of Technology Chennai.||first place|
|E17CA005||AMIRDESHWARI M||Group Singing, National Level,||Vellore Institute of Technology Chennai.||first place|
|E17CA005||AMIRDESHWARI M||Marched on RAJPATH, National Level,||DELHI||Certificate + Cash Prize (Rs 5000)|
|E17CA005||AMIRDESHWARI M||CATC-Cum TSC Selection camp – Solo Song, NCC Inter-Collegiate||Kanchepurram Pachaiyappas||first place|
|CATC – Debate, CATC – SoloSong,|
CATC – Group Dance,
CATC-Cum TSC Selection camp – Group Song
|E17CA023||HEMALATHA S||Robotics-CHIP-IN 2018||Ethiraj College For Women||Third place|
|E17CA046||MEERA S||Robotics-CHIP-IN 2018||Ethiraj College For Women||Third place|
|E18CA227||SHANMATHI||Badminton , A-zone Inter Collegiate||SIVETCollege||Second place|
- G.B.Hema Malini,M.C .A, M.Phil,NET, (Ph.D)-Assistant Professor
- G. Hema Latha,M.SC(IT),Mphil-Assistant Professor
- J. SaiVijayaLakshmi,M.C.A, M.Phil, SET-Assistant Professor
- A. Chandra,M.C.A, M.Phil-Assistant Professor
- K.Subalakshmi,M.C.A, M.Phil., B.Ed.,NET -Assistant Professor
- S. Jeevitha,M.C.A, M.Phil, -Assistant Professor
- S.P. Agnes Sheila,M.C.A, M.Phil,M.E,NET, -Assistant Professor
- S.Anitha,M.Sc(IT),M.Phil.,B.Ed,MBA- Assistant Professor
- R. Nithya,M.Com., M.Phil, -Assistant Professor
- V.Janani,M.C.A, M.Phil,NET- Assistant Professor
G.B.Hema Malini: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=zxwhNtoAAAAJ&hl=en