ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- Initially started in 1967-68, as Allied paper to support the then – PUC(pre-university class). Mathematics as a Major degree was started in 1970, under the dynamic headship of Dr.C.P.Parvathy, Ph.D, who steered the department to dazzling heights in a short span of time, with the department proclaiming itself to be the only one to offer maximum number of allied courses, for Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science and Statistics simultaneously. Success was proved again subsequently,through the establiment of the degree programme under self financing category in 1991 to cater the extraordinary demand for the course. Emergence of a post graduate programme was initiated and was started in 2004. The odyssey of the department of mathematics still continues awaiting to scale new peaks. At present there are totally 181 students in Aided stream and 203 students in Self-Supporting stream.
- UG- B.Sc. Mathematics under Aided and Self-Supporting streams
- PG- M.Sc. Applicable Mathematics under Self-Supporting stream
- Public Sectors
- Banking Sectors
- Computing & IT Fields
- General Management
- Research Fields
- Data Analyst
MATHEMATICS ASSOCIATION – MATH ZEST
- Conducting various events at Inter-department and Inter-collegiate levels.
- NATIONAL MATHEMATICS DAY – Commemorating – Birth Anniversary of Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan on 22nd December
- Academic Year (2019-2020)
- Inter-Departmental competitions held on 13/08/2019.
- Academic Year (2017-2018)Inter-Departmental competitions held on 21/09/2017.
- Academic Year (2018-2019) Inter-Departmental competitions held on 30/08/2018.
National/International Conf./ Seminar/Workshop Organized by Department
- Mrs. N. Anbarasi, M.Sc., M.Phil.,SET (Head-in-Charge)
- Mrs. R. Remila Judit, M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Mrs. K. Priya Bhanthavi, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil.
- Mrs. K. Rekha Lakshmi, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil.
- Dr. S. Kavitha, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Mrs. D. A. Angel Sherin, M.Sc., M.Phil.