Course Timings : 8.10 am-12.40 pm
Click here for M.Sc. (Bio-Statistics) syllabus
The science of Biostatistics encompasses the design of Biological experiments especially in medicine and agricultural, development of health sciences, medical sciences & biological sciences. The field of Biostatistics has emerged as an important area of developing Statistical techniques, for analysis of complex data arising out of experimental research.
The Course offers specialized courses on Data Mining, Categorical Data Analysis & R programming to name a few, which caters to both Industry & Research needs. This programme offered by the College is unique as it is the only women’s college in the state that offers post graduate course in Biostatistics.
The other major highlights are:
- Hands on training on advanced statistical tools through Projects as part of curriculum, using licensed software IBM SPSS 23 and IBM AMOS
- Compulsory Internship training in various research centers & institutions of national repute.
- Well designed curriculum on par with Biostatistics programs offered abroad
- Ample e-resources on latest areas of research made available
- Excellent connection with Eminent Statisticians at international as well as National level leading to high exposure in thrust areas of research
- Survey based project work using SPSS and R to facilitate placement in government and clinical research organization.
- Personalised mentoring by faculty for projects