Dept. of English (Aided)
DESIGNATION – Assistant Professor
For Updated Profile : Click here
E-mail – email@example.com
- M.Phil – Ethiraj College for Women, University of Madras (Gold Medal)
- M.A – Ethiraj College for Women, University of Madras (Gold Medal)
- Certificate Course in Gender Studies offered by Centre for Women’s Studies(UGC Funded), ETHIRAJ COLLEGE FOR WOMEN (2010 – 2011).
- B.A – Ethiraj College for Women, University of Madras (Gold Medal)
- NET- June 2013
- SET- October 2012
RESEARCH INTERESTS/ SPECIALISATION – Latin American Literature and Contemporary literature.
WORKSHOP AND CONFERENCES
- Presented a paper in the International Conference on SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS IN LITERATURE, organised by the Dept. of English, Women’s Christian College, Nagercoil, in association with Bodhi International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Science on the Paper titled: AWAKENED SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS IN ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE BY GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ ON 3rd October 2019 (ISBN : 978-81-943093-5-2) Vol – I (Print)
- Published a paper in the INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE, LITERATURE IN HUMANITIES (IJELLH) UGC Approved Journal on the title ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY: EXPOSURE OF LATIN AMERICAN POWER CORRUPTION IN GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ’S THE AUTUMN OF THE PATRIARCH. VOL6, NO 12 (2018), ISSUE12, DEC18.
- Published a paper in the RESEARCH JOURNAL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE (RJELAL) with Impact Factor 6.8992 on the title GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ’S ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE-DECONSTRUCTING THE DECADENCE OF A GOLDEN PERIOD IN COLOMBIA AND LATIN AMERICA. (ISSN:2395-2636) (Print) Vol.6. Issue 4.2018 (Oct-Dec) Web Publication : ( ISSN : 2321-3108)
- Participated and presented a paper in a Two Day International Conference “THE CULTURAL SEMIOTICS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE” on March 2nd and 3rd 2018, organised by DRBCCC Hindu College, in association with ELTAI ( An Affiliate of IATEFL, UK). Paper Presented on the TOPIC: SYMBOLIC IDENTIFICATION OF LATIN AMERICAN CULTURE IN LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA BY GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ. ( ISBN: 978817664711)
- Participated in a Two Day Workshop on ” THESIS WRITING” jointly organised by the Centre for Research and Development and Research Forum, DRBCCC Hindu College, Chennai on 17th and 18th November 2017.
- Participated in the FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME, organised by the PG Dept. of English on the topic “ TAMING THEORY – CHALLENGES IN INDIAN CLASSROOM” by Women’s Christian College, Chennai on 29th July 2017.
- Participated in the FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME, organised by the PMO – IEDP ( PROGRAMME MONITORING OFFICE – INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM) from 24th to 26th November 2016, at Anna University, Chennai.
- Participated and presented a paper in a National Seminar on ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE: CHANGING TRENDS organized by the Department of English, St. Jerome’s College, Nagercoil on 13th march 2015 . TOPIC: A STUDY OF FEMALE PROTEST AND ANDROCENTRICISM IN SHAUNA SINGH BALDWIN’S WHAT THE BODY REMEMBERS.( ISSN:2349-8684 VOL:2, Special Issue 1, August 2015.
- Participated in a Two-Day Workshop on “DATA ANALYSIS AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN BUSINESS DECISION MAKING”, organised by the School of Commerce, Shift-II on 7th and 8th March 2015.
- Participated and presented paper in the One-Day National Seminar on EMERGING MANAGEMENT ISSUES AND CHALLENGES IN CONTEMPORARY SCENARIO held on March 5th2015 at A. M Jain college, School of Business Administration, Meenambakkam. TOPIC: A STUDY ON PREVENTION OF STRESS AND PROMOTION OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH: A PSYCHOSOCIAL CONCEPT. ( ISBN : 978 – 93 – 81195 – 83 -3 )
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Symposium on ” EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE AND BRAND BUILDING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS” organised by IQAC of Ethiraj College for Women on 24th and 25th February 2014.
- Participated in a Workshop on ‘ Research Methodology for Social Sciences‘ on 5th February 2014 organized by Ethiraj college for women.
- STUDENT EDITOR in bringing out a Booklet on Women’s Empowerment and Micro-Financing– Organised by The Centre for Women Studies, Ethiraj college. (A UGC Funded Programme) in 2011
- Participated in a UGC Sponsored National Workshop organized by the Post Graduate and Research Department of English in association with L.V Prasad Film and T.V Academy on the topic ” “Stories to Screen: Translation, Transformation and Trans-creation” in Ethiraj college for women on March 9th and 10th 2011.
- Editor of the Magazine “Stories to Screen: Translation, Transformation and Trans-creation” (A UGC Sponsored National Workshop) published in 2011.
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
- Recipient of Sri V.L Ethiraj Merit Scholarship for being an academically outstanding student for all Six years.( Both U.G, P.G and M.Phil)
- Tmt. Sundarambal and Shri C.G Jayaraman Iyer Memorial Gold Medal for Proficiency in B.A English.
- The Tmt. Kaveri Ammal Memorial Prize for scoring the highest marks in B.A English.
- The Union Medal for Proficiency in English Literature in the B.A class.
- Medal in Honour of Shi. Ananda Talwar of Mangalore for the best essay on a comparative study of Indian and Western Philosophy.
- Smt. Munira Jamal Chatrapathy Medal for the outstanding student of the III B.A English class based on 5 semesters.
- Prof. M.S Ramachandran’s Gold Medal for the Top Scorer in M.A English Literature.
- Tmt. Vasanthi Srinivasan Memorial Prize for securing the highest marks in the ancillary in the End Semester Examinations.
- Tmt. Vasantha Srinivasan Prize for securing the highest marks in American Literature.
- The Professor Dr. Mrs. Anna George Rolling Cup for Proficiency in Part III English Major.
- Tmt. Vasantha Srinivasan Rolling shield for securing the highest marks in Journalism.
- The Principal Miss Eva Mathew Rolling Shield for Inter-Collegiate Quiz in Tamil.
- Tmt. Vatsala Raman Prize Endowed by Tmt.S. Doraiswamy for Proficiency in M.A
- The Tmt. Thangamma Mathew Prize Endowed by Dr.Mrs. Anna George, for Proficiency in M.A English.
- Tmt. SaraswathiAmmal medal for securing highest marks in M.A English.
- The Tmt Shantha Lionel Prize for securing the highest marks in end semester examinations of both the years in M.A.
- Tmt Sunderambal and Sri. C.G Jayaraman Iyer Memorial Endowment Prize for the outstanding student of M.A English.
- The Tmt. KaveriAmmal Memorial Prize instituted by Tmt. Sita Udupa for securing the highest marks in II.M.A English.
- Shield for securing highest marks in Linguistics.
- Tmt. Kanthi Shenbagaraman Trophy for securing highest marks in the New Literatures of M.A English.
- Dr. Gowri Sivaraman Prize in the name of Prof. Mrs. N.A Quadir for securing highest marks in Shakespeare.
- The Sri T.P Kunni Raman Gold Medal for standing first in M.Phil English.
- Rolling shield for Inter-class Dramatics, 2011 and 2013.
- Winner of Inter-class Literary Quiz- 2013 ( Ethiraj College)