B. SC. CLINICAL NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Designation: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
For Updated Profile : Click here
- Ph. D in Food service management and dietetics from University of Madras – 2018
- M. Phil in Food service management and dietetics from University of Madras – 2012
- M.SC in Food service management and dietetics from Avinashilingam university – 1996
- B. Sc in Nutrition and dietetics from Bharathidasan university – 1994
- UGC NET – 2012 December
- SET – 2012 October
- R.D – 2015, Indian Dietetic Association.
- Diploma in The British Institutes, Mumbai, 1994 – Beauty Care and Personal Management
Experience – 3.1 years
Research interests / Specialisation – Dietetics, Therapeutic dietetics, Functional foods
- T Sivapriya, Sheila John. Does Cinnamon Infusions Improve Blood Glucose Levels In Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Subjects? Ejpmr, 2019,6(7), 440-443
- T. Sivapriya, Sheila John. Identification, isolation and elucidation of compounds from fraction of methyl hydroxyl chalcone polymer from aqueous extract of Cinnamomum zeylaynicum.Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 2019; 5(3):582-588
- T Sivapriya, Sheila John. A Cross Sectional Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Subjects about Diabetes.JKIMSU, Vol. 8, No. 1, January-March 2019
- T. Sivapriya and Sheila John. Antimicrobial Activity of Commonly used Indian Spices: A Review Article. FoodSci: Indian Journal of Research in Food Science and Nutrition.2017 4(2), 54-59.
- and Sheila John. Antimicrobial Activity of Commonly used Indian Spices: A Review Article. FoodSci: Indian Journal of Research in Food Science and Nutrition.2017 4(2), 54-59.
- K. Kayalvizhi, Sheila John and T. Sivapriya. Psychosocial Factors Influencing Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and the Nutrient Intake of Rural School Children in Vedaraniyam. FoodSci:Indian Journal of Research in Food Science and Nutrition.2017;4 (1)
- D. Esther Lydia, Sheila John, Swetha V, T. Sivapriya.Investigation on the Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Activity of Custard Apple (Annona Reticulata) Peel Extracts. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2017;9(4)
- Vijayalakshmi P, Dr. Sheila John and T Sivapriya. Relationship of body mass index, diet quality, physical activity level and fruit & vegetable intake among parents’ and their preschool aged children. International Journal of Home Science 2017; 3(1): 108-111
- Somichon KSV, Dr. Sheila John and Sivapriya T. Factors associated with soft drink consumption among adolescents in the age group of 16-18. International Journal of Home Science 2017; 3(1): 336-340
- Sivapriya T. Sheila John, Kannammal V. A cross-sectional survey about the prevalence of food addiction among selected type 2 diabetes subjects, Journal of social health and diabetes, 2017 ;5(1): 25- 29
- Sivapriya. T and Dr. Sheila John. Does diabetes blight work productivity: A cross-sectional investigation on selected Type 2 diabetes participants, Journal of social health and diabetes, 2017;5(1):43-46
- Esther Lydia, Sheila John, Sivapriya T. Investigation on the phytochemicals present in the fruit peel of Carica papaya and evaluation of its antioxidant properties. International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences. 2016; 5 (4):
- Esther Lydia, Sheila John, Sivapriya T. Investigation on the phytochemicals present in the fruit peel of Carica papaya and evaluation of its antioxidant and antimicrobial property. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry.2016; 7(4): 1-6.
- Sivapriya. T and Dr. Sheila John, Cinnamon: bioactive components and usage for the diabetes patients. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016: 5: 475-489.
- Sivapriya T, Sheila John A comparative study on the antibiotic property of commonly used culinary spices. Sivapriya T, Sheila John. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 2016;1(4) : 01-02
- Sivapriya T. and Dr. Sheila John, Evaluation of current health satisfaction in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016:5:1142-1147.
- Giftha Rachael Dhanam, Sheila John, Sivapriya T. Perceptive and knowledge about soya foods among selected hypercholesterolemia subjects. International journal of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2016
- Sivapriya T and Tamilarasi Murugasan. A survey on inpatients acceptability about hospital diets. International journal of nutrition and dietetics. 2015; 3: 39- 43
- Sivapriya T and Dr. Sheila John. Cinnamon: Potential role in the prevention of Diabetes Mellitus, International journal of nutrition and dietetics.2015; 3:45 – 54
- T. Sivapriya, S. Abilasha. Prevalence study on anaemia among adolescent school girls and the impact of nutrition education programme, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management .2014;1(4)
- Sivapriya T. Saraswathy S. Study on the consumption pattern of junk food among university students, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management , 2014;1(4)
- Sivapriya T, Sheila John & Priya R. Iyer. (2014) Antibiotic Efficacy of Cinnamon (Cinnamon zeylanicum) against Urinary Pathogens in Type II Diabetic Men. Journal of Herbs, Spices & Medicinal Plants. 20:4, 421-426
- Sivapriya T, Dr. Sheila John. (May – 2014) Role of Diabetes Self-management Education in Achieving Diabetes Control, International Journal of Applied Research and Studies, 2014;3: 5. ISSN: 2278-9480
- Sivapriya T, Sheila John, Priya R Iyer. (2013) Antimicrobial activity and effect of cinnamon powder on blood glucose and serum lipid levels of male diabetic subjects, Panacea Journal of Health Sciences ISSN :2278- 4330 Vol 3
Content writer for Vikatan and Kungumam group of magazines and Dinamalar newspaper from March 2017 till now– published 32 articles.
- Sivapriya T. and Sheila John. “Dietary interventions and signalling cascades in health and diseases” organised by Dept. of Medical Biochemistry, University of Madras, Taramani campus, Chennai. Feb 21& 22, 2014, II prize
- Sivapriya T and Sheila John, Comparative study on the antimicrobial activity of cinnamon and standard antibiotics against family enterobacteriaceae. International conference on Molecular signature- GenNxt. 2017.September – 13 & 14 th ,
- Sivapriya T and Sheila John “Nutrition Management in surgery . An inter professional approach”- 9 th National nutrition education program – Nutriutsav organised by IDA and Madras Medical Mission .2017 September. 15 th and 16 th, III prize
- Sivapriya T. and Sheila John. International conference on current approaches in nutraceuticals and functional foods for diabetes management. Periyar University, Salem. Jan 24 th – 25 th.
LINKS TO PAPER PUBLICATION: http://bit.ly/sivapublications