ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Commerce (Self supporting) was started in the year 1984-85. Third batch was started in 2009-10. In view of the consistent demand for the course in the new millennium, the fourth batch was introduced with 70 students in the year 2017-18. Nearly 850 students are pursuing B.Com( Gen) degree course in the Self support stream as of 2019-20.
With an aim at maintaining academic excellence equipping women aspirants with the skills necessary to face the challenge of the business world, the Undergraduate program offers innovative syllabi which cater to the varying needs of the students. The Department encourages students to pursue professional courses (ICWAI, ACS, CMA ) and TCS Certificate courses in our college as this college acts as the study centre.
Department of commerce equally trains students for the placement along with their academic syllabus, different companies are invited to address the students to bridge the knowledge gap between employment and academics. Exclusive training programs in soft skills, arthavidhya, aptitude and online tests are given to students to assess their skills. It provides optimum opportunities for all the students to fetch most suited placement in different career opportunities like
- Chartered Accountant & Auditor
- Tax advisor services
- Financial services
- Banking sectors
- Insurance services
- Telecommunication services & BPO
- Manufacturing services
- Company secretary
- Teaching profession
- Government clerks (passing civil services exam)
- HR officials
- Training & Development manager
- Other sector includes Automobile, Hospitality, media, Information and Technology services.
- Mrs. Dr. S. Seethalakshmi, M.com, M.phil, NET, pH.D, CMA (Head of the department)
- Mrs. N. Chitralekha, M.com, M.phil, NET, SET
- Mrs. R. Mehala, M.com, M.phil, B.ED, MBA
- Mrs. V. Gayathri, M.com, M.phil, NET
- Mrs. G.M. Vinothani, M.com, M.phil
- Ms. S.I. Fathima Farhana, M.com, SET
- Mrs Dr. T.P. Priya, M.com, M.phil, pH.D
- Mrs. A. Asma Zainab, M.com, NET, SET
- Mrs. A. Jayadharini, M.com, M.phil, NET, SET
- Mrs. R. Neela Anuradha, M.com, M.phil, SET
- Ms. S. Bharanilakshmi, M.com, M.phil, NET, MBA
- Ms. R. Ishwarya, M.com, NET
- Mrs Dr. Agatha Judith Caroline, M.com, M.phil, B.Ed, pH. D.
- Mrs Dr. Nevedida, M.com, M.phil, pH.D.
- Ms. Sandhiya, B.com, M.com
- Ms. Saranya, B.com, M.com
- Ms. Shoba, B.com, M.com(CS)
- Ms. Elakkiya, B.com, M.com(HRM)
- Mrs. Radhika, M.com, ACS(inter), B.Ed
- Ms. R. Haripriya, M.com
- Mrs. N. Srividhya, MBA, M.phil
An Invited talk on “CAREER VISION & FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE OF WOMEN on 27/10/22 Resource Person: Uma Maheshwari, Finance & Operations Analyst, Accenture Ltd.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) as a seer of academic success by Vaishali Ganesan, Mental Health Consultant and Advocate on 20th October 2022.
Credit Cards Usage and Frauds Prevention – Invited talk by A.Anandhi,City bank operations officer on 12th October 2022.
Responsible Disposal of e-waste Awareness Program on 22nd September by TATA Volunteering week 18 Initiatives – Invited talk by Nithyasri.S, Cluster HR TATA Croma
Department of Commerce(SFS) conduct a SPECIAL LECTURE ON ‘ENHANCING EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS’
Resource Person: CMA. DR. G.JAWAHAR BABU
2017-2018: The department has conducted inter-department Business Quiz competition. Business Connextions was conducted as a part of Comfest 2017 (Inter Collegiate)2017-18
2018-2019: The department has conducted inter-department Business Quiz competition. Block & Tackle was conducted as a part of Comfest 2018 (Inter Collegiate)2018-19
A quiz is a form of game or mind sport, in which the players (as individuals or in teams) attempt to answer questions correctly, a quiz is also a brief assessment used in education and similar fields to measure growth in knowledge, abilities, and/or skills. A Business quiz is an event which deals with company histories, business strategies, well known deals, people in news, acquisitions and future business developments. Quality and type of questions depends on the quizmaster.
Block & Tackle
Block and Tackle is a break from the conventional form of debating.Here, The participant need to speak both for and against the motion. Once they start off speaking for the motion and when the moderator says ‘block’ they need to reverse their motion, and ‘tackle’ would mean to return to their original motion.
VAISH COMCREATE 2022